Sensory Lab Team Lead
We are currently recruiting a Sensory Laboratory Team Lead to join our team in Little Island on a permanent basis.
We are the concentrate team in PepsiCo (PGCS) working across the Beverage, Nutrition and Snacks categories to deliver concentrate for many of PepsiCo's mega brands including Gatorade, 7Up and Pepsi. We are at the heart of PepsiCo products, sourcing ingredients to manufacture more than 1,200 recipes for our brands. We are a global organisation, situated in 17 locations across 11 countries offering careers in various functions from Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Procurement, Quality, Finance, R&D, HR and IT. We want team members who can collaborate in our fast paced global organisation and are passionate about creating and delivering much-loved household brands to markets across the world.
The successful candidate will Lead the Sensory team in the execution of Beverage and Seasoning Sensory QC programs.
- Lead the Sensory team in the execution of Beverage and Seasoning Sensory QC programs.
- Manage direct reports within the sensory team to ensure tight turn-around of accurate results.
- Become proficient in the sensory evaluation of ingredient, in process and finished products and work with the team on the organization and running of sensory panels.
- Monitor panel performance, feedback and training of panelists.
- Deliver in-plant sensory training to the wider quality team.
- Lead the sensory lab global proficiency program.
- Coordinate with operations on all queries related to the area of testing and product performance.
- Analyse data and trend sensory results and provide monthly reports to all sites.
- Work with the wider quality team in troubleshooting sensory issues that may arise with ingredients and process samples.
- Complete monthly quality system key performance reports for the sensory lab.
- Recruitment of new panelists as needed.
- Update sensory training documents and materials as required.
- Provide input on sensory methodologies and analysis of results.
- A key requirement of the role is that you must adhere to all PepsiCo Health & Safety requirements.
- Degree/Diploma in Sensory or Consumer Science.
- 3-5 years sensory experience preferably in the food industry.
- Knowledge of data collection software FIZZ.
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Power point).
- Excellent writing, presentation and communication skills for delivery of sensory training.
- Strong organizational, time-management and teamwork skills.
- A self-starter, proactive in delivering results & with a drive to increase efficiency.
- Result driven with very strong attention for detail.
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated approximately $63 billion in net revenue in 2016, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
At the heart of PepsiCo is Performance with Purpose - our fundamental belief that the success of our company is inextricably linked to the sustainability of the world around. We believe that continuously improving the products we sell, operating responsibly to protect our planet and empowering people around the world is what enables PepsiCo to run a successful global company that creates long-term value for society and our shareholders. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com.
Salary: €45,000 - €55,000+ DOEJob Ref: 130527BR